Ramblings

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Things are finally starting to calm down

I say starting because only one of the billion big events that are occurring this fall has already happened. Brian and Ellen got married on Saturday and it was great. I have really never seen Ellen so happy. She didn't stop smiling ear to ear from the time we woke up at 5:30 am to the time I left the reception at 8:45 pm. I got to see Ashley and spend some real quality time with her on Saturday night which was awesome. I already miss her bunches when she's gone now, but she's getting ready to head off to her Mission in Budapest for 15 months and before she leaves, she'll spend 3 months in Utah so I'm going to miss her even more over the next year and a half. At least she and I will be able to stay in contact with each other though because I am her blogger buddy and will be updating hers when she sends me letters and such.

Geri and Trent's wedding is this Saturday. It should be good too. I'm sure the vibe will be completely different because they're completely different groups of people than those who attended Ellen and Brian's wedding.

Seems like everyone else has done this so here goes. . .

10 years ago:
1. I was in 8th grade.
2. I was still in love with Joe.
3. I hadn't been WA yet.
4. I still had 3 living grandparents.
5. I decided that I wanted to sing.

5 years ago:
1. I was 19.
2. I had just dropped all my classes at KU.
3. I was living in my first apartment at Jeff Co with Ellen, Dorian and Ashley.
4. I had just started my first full time job at Ballard Community Center in the Toddler Room.
5. I was engaged to Scott.

1 year ago:
1. I was still living with Ellen, but had added, Brian, Ashley (my sister) and Marc.
2. I was attending Johnson County Community College.
3. I had changed my major for the fourth and final time at JCCC.
4. I had just gotten home from the Western Caribbean via New Orleans.
5. I decided that I would finish my Bachelors at Washburn and it would be in Technology Administration.

Yesterday:
1. I spent the night at my parents because they are in Washington, DC so my dad can get his 33rd Degree in the House of the Temple.
2. I worked all day.
4. I was still recovering from Ellen and Brian's wedding.
5. I went to the Rainbow/Pledge meeting and helped the girls bake cookies.

5 snacks I like:
1. Snickers
2. Cucumbers and ranch
3. Plain Einstein Brother's Bagels
4. Peaches or mixed fruit in strawberry jello
5. Brownies

5 songs I know the words to:
1. Skin - Rascal Flatts
2. Shake It Off - Mariah Carey
3. Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day
4. Independence Day - Martina McBride
5. Stay With Me (Brass Bed) - Josh Gracin

If I had a million dollars:
1. I would give the Assembly $200,000 to help girls with expenses in the future.
2. I would buy a house that I could raise a family in.
3. I would fix up my parents house so it would be easier for them to sell.
4. I would pay off my debt and pay my parents back for everything they have done for me since I left the house.
5. I would put everything left in savings for emergencies or college funds for my family.

5 things I would never wear:
1. Stilletos
2. Sweaters (if I can help it)
3. MU regalia
4. Something that clashes
5. A bikini

Favorite TV shows:
1. Desperate Housewives
2. Lost
3. The Apprentice
4. Friends
5. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

5 Bad Habits:
1. Picking at my nails (I've gotten a lot better about it and have nails for the first time in my life)
2. Procrastinating
3. Allowing bad relationships to last too long
4. Not spending as much time on school work as I should
5. Eating fast food.

5 biggest joys:
1. Family
2. Friends
3. Faith
4. Beautiful fall days
5. Independence

Thought for today: "All love that has not friendship for its base, is like a mansion built upon sand." ~Ella Wheeler Wilcox, O Magazine, February 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home