Ramblings

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Being a Grown Up

I spent today being a grown up. . . Even though my days of living at home (parent's home) are long gone and have been for half a decade now (gosh that makes me feel old), I still miss the weekends where I could afford to just sit and do nothing. I woke up this morning at 8am and couldn't for the life of me get back to sleep. I didn't go to bed last night until 12:30, which is LATE for me and I was mad that I couldn't get myself back to sleep this morning. I really wanted to sleep until at least 10, but oh well. . . such is life.

Anyway, I was productive with my early morning. After breakfast, I started cleaning. I cleaned the entry way, scrubbed the kitchen, scrubbed my bathroom, cleaned the living room, rearranged my bedroom, showered, straightened my hair, put on my make up, got dressed and watched most of "The Princess Diaries 2" while painting my toenails before leaving here at 3 to pick up my grandma to run errands and have dinner with my parents and sister and brother in law for Jeremy's birthday on Tuesday. I'd say I was pretty productive today. We'll see how this bedroom arrangement goes. I get bored with furniture arrangements easily and ideally, I move things about once every 4 months. I don't know how many different combinations I'll be able to manage in this place though. I guess we'll see.

It'll be short today since I need to get myself to bed early. . . g'night all!

~Amanda

For today: "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." ~1 Corinthians 13:4-7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home