Ramblings

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Life is Good

I love my job. . . two days and $2027 later, I've paid my mom back the $600 I owed her, I have a new wardrobe of "work" clothes for my business trip a week from today, I'm stocked with bulk items from Sam's Club, I've got grocceries to last a while, and I still have over $1300 in the bank. . . life is good. Two years ago, I was nowhere near this point in my financial status. I had maxed out every credit card I had and was barely making it each month. I was working as a preschool teacher making next to nothing raising other people's out of control children and I honestly wanted to cry every day when I pulled out the checkbook. Now, after much growing up, I can finally say, "I'm making it on my own." No one has to bail me out anymore. No one has to worry that I'm putting things on credit cards that I shouldn't be. And let me tell you, it feels really good to be able to do it all on my own.

I have really been blessed with the best boss in the world. We can wear what we want, take off whenever we want, leave for appointments in the middle of the day, work on other projects at work when we're not busy, and he pays all of my health insurance premium. On top of all of that, he pays out a bonus each quarter to his three employees that amounts to 5% of the commissions that he is paid during that quarter. When you're writing multi-million dollar policies, that amounts to quite a chunk of change even when you split it three ways. This quarter it totaled $1900 before taxes, last quarter it was $933 before taxes. I've promised myself I'm not going to leave this job unless someone drags me kicking and screaming. . . I know a good thing when I see it. :-)

So, I spent today shopping in Topeka with my mom and got a lot of new clothes to take with me next week to Milwaukee and things that I can wear to work and to Rainbow stuff. I spent yesterday evening making brand new Member Handbooks for my Rainbow Girls and I plan to hand them out at our meeting Monday night. That seems like all I do anymore, but it's alright. I enjoy staying involved even after my time as an active member ended three years ago. In a couple of weeks I will load my car with 13 and 14 year old girls and make the trip to Wichita to Grand Assembly. It will be fun and a break in the routine for me for a few days.

Not a whole lot more to talk about tonight. . . Hope everyone has a good weekend!

~Amanda

Thought for Today: "Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one." ~Jane Howard, "Families"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home