Ramblings

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Another Day, Another Dollar

Don't you just love it when something's supposed to be somewhere and it's nowhere to be found? Thank goodness I have my lifeline of support over at our Corporate Woods office in Overland Park or some things would never get completed. It might take 12 of us to locate what we're looking for but somewhere along the line, one of the people I talk to will know where to look. The only thing I can say is that it must have been a really talented person who put together our corporate database because it sucks.

Anyway. . . on to another topic. I got a lot of belated birthday cards and e-mails yesterday. For some reason a whole bunch of people thought yesterday was actually the 12th. The 95 degree weather must be getting to people or something. I don't mind though. I know I'm loved and even if someone forgets, it's alright. Like I said yesterday, as I get older, the birthdays seem to matter less and less. Yeah, it's nice to get recognized but I won't die without it.

Do you ever have those mornings where you just want to keep sleeping long after the alarm rudely awakens you? Today was one of those mornings. . . heck, everyday is one of those mornings. I really am actually a morning person but getting out of bed if the hard part. I actually got in bed at 10 last night and was out cold quickly which hasn't been the norm for a couple of weeks. I've been laying in bed for hours trying to fall asleep, but finally, whatever has been in my head for the past couple of weeks must have escaped yesterday because all was right with the world and I fell right asleep. . . FINALLY! I've been so exhausted because I have been going to bed around 11 and then just laying there. Maybe I need to try harder to get myself in bed by 10 but that's not likely to happen on most nights.

Tomorrow is Friday. . . YEA! Not that Friday brings anything important or anything and it's not like I'll be catching up on missed sleep on Saturday either. I made an appointment to go see Teeny to get my hair cut and the eyebrows waxed. . . they're looking scarier than they have in a while and I'm too impatient to just pluck with they get this unruly. Christine is the only person I'll let touch my hair anymore. She may have graduated from cosmatolagy school more recently than most other hairdressers in town, but I trust her and I know she wouldn't ever give me a chop job. In fact, when she first started school, I asked her to fix a chop job that I had gotten from the mother of one of my preschool students. I would imagine that woman is no longer cutting hair because it was horrible. It was about 20 different lengths and if she was trying to layer it, she failed miserably. After that's all done, I'm planning to go to the mall in Topeka to get some new business clothes for my trip to Milwaukee later this month because Northwestern is having their Annual Meeting and what I am allowed to wear to work here and what is proper meeting attire there are two completely separate things.

Anyway, I'm getting long-winded again. . . so I'm done.

~Amanda

For Today: "Of course there is no formula for success except perhaps an unconditional acceptance of life and what it brings." ~Arthur Rubinstein (1886 - 1982)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home