Ramblings

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Wow, I'm bad at this

I'm really bad at this posting regularly thing. Things just get busy and time gets away from me. Right now, I'm at work with not a whole lot to do so I suppose I should update.

Since my last post, I guess a lot has happened. I am now living 100% by myself for the first time ever and I'm loving it. I don't have to clean up after anyone and I can leave dishes in the sink for as long as I please (even though I am obsessive complusive and put them in the dishwasher immediately after I'm done with them. . . it's the ability to leave them that's fun). I can even walk around with the music on full blast and the TV on in every room if I want to without getitng strange looks from anyone. Best of all, I don't have to worry about my guests using a bathroom that has a less than desirable level of hygiene. Woo Hoo! The house is kind of empty now though. I moved the living room around a little bit and got new stools for the bar. I also moved all of my computer stuff into the 2nd bedroom and have made it my office. There's so much room to store things now I don't know what to do with myself. I was able to take a bunch of stuff from my bedroom at my parents house and get it to my house for the first time in the 5 years that I have lived away from home. Gosh, that seems like such a long time. By the time this year's high school seniors graduate, I will have been out of high school for 6 years. It doesn't seem that long. I guess that just means I'm old. Oh well, it's good to be old.

I started my classes as Washburn this week also. I'm taking the History and Evolution of Technology and Financial Accounting. Technology is online and Accounting is on campus. It's better for me to take math-related subjects on campus because then someone else can teach me as opposed to me trying to teach myself something that I don't fully understand in the first place. Yes, it means driving abck and forth to Topeka twice a week and spending at least $2.61 per gallon on gas, but being able to be in that environment will be worth it to me. I don't want to have to take this class again and I want to work hard to make sure that I understand everything 100%. The teacher seems to understand that she's working with a lot of people who have no experience in Accounting (I'm not one of them. . . took it for two years in high school but like I said earlier, that was almost 6 years ago) so she is working at a slower pace. It also helps that I'm only in class for an hour and 15 minutes at a time instead of one class per week where we sit and listen to a lecture for 3 hours. I hate those classes. I really think this will be a good semseter and definitely a good start to my second beginning at a 4 year university.

Other than that, I'm getting ready for a lot of big events that are coming up in the next month or so:

~September 10th - Ellen's Bridal Shower
~September 11th - Kim's Baby Shower
~September 17-18 - Leadership Camp in Wichita
~September 24th - Geri and Ellen's Bachelorette Parties
~October 1st - Ellen & Brian's Wedding
~October 8th - Geri & Trent's Wedding
~October 18th - Dad's hip replacement surgery
~November 11th - Kim's due date

So much for my weekends between now and Thanksgiving :-) It's alright though because all of those people are important to me. Time to get back to work.

~Amanda

"A college degree is not a sign that one is a finished product but an indication a person is prepared for life." ~Reverend Edward A. Malloy, Monk's Reflections

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home