Ramblings

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I just don't understand

I heard on the news last night that an 8 month old baby in Tulsa died after she was left in the family car for over 2 hours in 100+ degree weather. The parents claimed that she was left behind accidently. I just don't understand how you can forget that your baby is in the car. You'd think after spending 12 hours in labor and delivery and being kept awake for nights on end by crying that it would really be difficult to forget the reason for all the drama that their lives have gone through in the last 8 months. Honestly, if I had an 8 month old and I didn't hear from her for 2 hours, I would begin to wonder what was going on. Heck, if I didn't hear a peep from her for 30 minutes I would be worried. Seriously, people who can't give the proper amount of attention to their children should never be allowed to have them. I've said it to myself many times before. . . people whould be required to have a license to have children. The world would be a much better place for everyone involved if that were the case. There should be a maturity and responsibility test as well. If they can't take care of themselves, they certianly won't be able to care for an infant.

It just makes me want to scream. I know so many wonderful couples who are unable to have a baby and people with no common sense just keep popping them out. . . Frustrating!

~Amanda

For today: "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things." ~ 1 Corinthians 13:11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home