Ramblings

Friday, August 12, 2005

Long Time, No See

So, again, it's ben a while since I posted anything. It's not that my life isn't entertaining. . . it's just that when I have time to post, I don't have a lot to say. Today isn't much different, but I figure if I don't do it today, I won't do it all weekend.

Today is my mom's birthday so we're going to dinner, hopefully at Don's Steakhouse tonight after work. If you've never been to Don's, you're missing out on some good stuff. With all of the boxey chain restraunts coming into Lawrence (don't get me wrong, I love them too) Don's seems to be overlooked on more than one occasion. Given the fact that it's almost outside of Lawrence doesn't help the situation, but they have good food and a home-town atmosphere that's hard to beat.

My life will be getting a little less stressful here in a week or so. While I was at Grand Assembly in Wichita, I found out that Michael got fired from his second job in 4 months and I had warned him before that if he lost this job, he would have to move out because I was done supporting him. He actually took that threat to heart and by the time I arrived home from Wichita, he had already made the decision to move out without me having to say a word. We have the utilities set up to transfer to my name on August 19th, which is a week from today but most of his things are already packed (thanks to me) and in the garage. When he gets home from Omaha today I plan on letting him know that he can rent a uHaul any time because his things are ready to go.

That's the last time I move in with someone I'm not sure about. Honestly, he makes me want to scream 99% of the time. I didn't have much other choice aside from moving back in with my parents because even though I'm doing fine financially, I wouldn't be able to continue my standard of living and saving nearly as much if I had to live alone. . . guess we'll see how that goes now because you couldn't pay me enough to decide to get a roommate again. The next time I have a roommate, it will be my husband, no questions asked.

So anyway, life will be good once again and I will able to do whatever I want whenever I want to without getting the third degree about why I'm going somewhere or doing something. He always had a problem with me going to Rainbow stuff and it pissed me off more than anything else about him. Rainbow is something that's been a big part of my life since I was 10. . . and it's not something that I'm going to give up for anyone. . . if you don't like it, too bad. :-)

Let's see, what else is going on. . . the people at the office of the townhome complex I live in have decided to tear out the old fenses and put in brand new ones. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but we got the letter literally two days after I had finished my garden that, of course, is against one of the old fenses. If they ruin my garden, I'm not going to be a happy person to deal with. I suppose I could always dig everything up from the backyard and put it out front next to the house but that would be too much work and not worth it because no one ever sees that part of the house because we go through the garage.

Sunday is Becca's birthday and some of us from "up here" are going to Bec and Vicki in Topeka tomorrow evening for dinner. She hasn't been doing well medically and her mom wanted to do something special for her birthday since she didn't get to spend very much time at Grand. I'm looking forward to spending some time with her. . . since we've both "grown up" and gone our separate ways, I don't get to see much of her anymore which is disappointing. I miss her and I wish gas was cheaper because I could use a trip or two to Wichita occasionally when it's not for a Rainbow function.

Anyway, better get back to more important things at hand. . .

~Amanda

For Today: "I've learned that all a person has in life is family and friends. If you lose those, you have nothing, so friends are to be treasured more than anything else in the world." ~Trey Parker and Matt Stone, South Park, Prehistoric Ice Man, 1999

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home