Ramblings

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

It's Snowing

So, it took long enough this year, but the first snowfall of the season is finally upon us, and man is it ever. Here at work, my desk faces the front door which is made completely of glass so I can see everything outside and what I see right now makes me want to go home, make some hot chocolate and sit in front of the fire enjoying the scene. But of course, duty calls and I'm here at work just admiring the view from my office chair. It's certianly enough to keep me distracted though. These flakes are the biggest I think I've ever seen. I wish I had my camera so I could post a picture on here. It's really beautiful. Too bad it's not going to stick around. It's supposed to be 70-something again this weekend. Gosh, I love Kansas :-)

I get to go to Topeka to class tonight but I'm debating whether risking my life on the turnpike is worth it or not. It's supposed to be well below freezing by the time I'm supposed to get out of class and I really don't want to deal with that coming home. I would much rather go home and make the previously mentioned mug of hot chocolate and light a fire and enjoy my evening without Accounting.

Anyway, enough with the weather. I spent the weekend with my girls in Wichita. I'm always happy to see my friends that I rarely get a chance to spend time with, but when we do get together, it's like we were never apart. I love those girls.

Back to work to make some money.

~Amanda


"Whose woods these are I think I know. His house is in the village though; He will not see me stopping here To watch his woods fill up with snow." ~Robert Frost, Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening -US poet (1874 - 1963)

2 Comments:

  • At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:32 AM, Blogger Bird said…

    Thank you for entering my GIVEAWAY!!

    And good luck with that! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home